Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My nose was broken a while ago and looks goofy.

My nose was broken a while ago and looks goofy.

Patient: I broke my nose yesterday and aside from it being slightly crooked it also looks bigger at the base. is that normal and if so how long does it take for this to go away? Normally my nose sort of tapers i guess from the tip and gets slimmer as i gets closer to my eyes and now its the same size all the way. i look goofy and im afraid it might be permanent. please help.

Symptoms: Broken nose

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.Injury to the nose with swelling at base may be due to inflammation, hematoma forma tion. It might be due to fracture nose bone also.I will advice you to get xray of the nose.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you properly and order the tests for you.Do cold compresses.I hhope it helps.Stay healthy.