My nurse practitioner said I have tendonitis in my right

Patient : My nurse practitioner said I have tendonitis in my right elbow. I'm just wondering if I should wear a sling, because I play football as well as work out daily. I do have continuous pain afterwards, in some cases it can be a few hours afterwards and it's excruciating pain. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the very painful, I'd say 8.
Symptoms:  Excruciating pain after any physical exercise while using my right arm specifically in the elbow, this pain can last a few hours afterwards to the point where I could barely move my arm.