My obgyn told me that I have more cyst then

Patient

Q: My obgyn told me that I have more cyst then normal but that everything else was normal but I'm not having a normal cycle and I'm trying to get pregnant so he put me on medroxyprogesterone to ovulate so is it possible that I ovulated and could still get pregnant I mean after taking the pill I did have a cycle like he said I would

Doctor

Medroxyprogesterone is a not a drug that will directly help in ovulating. It is a hormone that is given to cause withdrawal bleeding so that you start your cycles again. Also, you can have a cycle and later ovulate, it does not matter whether you got the cycle with the help of a pill or spontaneously. You will have to get your irregular cycles settled, rule out causes like thyroid, anemia and stress, other than Polycystic ovaries.
The doctor can start you on ovulation induction drugs with serial ultrasound monitoring if needed.
You will be able to conceive soon provided your partner has no issues with infertility.
Wish you a speedy conception.

Hope this helped.