My one year old started throwing up last night and

Patient

Q: My one year old started throwing up last night and this morning hes crying and crying and rubbing his lower back. He also doesnt want to wear a diaper and keeps grabbing at his testicles. Please tell me what i should do and what it could be

Symptoms:  Throwing up crying grabbing his testicles and rubbing his lower back
Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

Your child seems to be suffering from Acute Infective Diarrhea/ Acute Gastro-Enteritis.
Most of the times the diarrhea are viral in origin and it improves with in 3-5 days without any antibiotic therapy.
The only thing that needs to be kept under consideration is that the child doesn't get dehydrated.

Antibiotics are required in cases where there is associated cramping, blood in stools or fever.

Since your child has 4th day of diarrhea and that too with fever, i would recommend for him antibiotics like Ofloxacin and Ornidazole for him.

You should also take Probiotics containing Lactobacillus which helps a lot. You can give him yog hurt that also acts as a very good natural probiotic.
In case he has persistent vomiting's he would require anti-emetics like Domperidone and Ondansetron.

He is lethargic probably because he is dehydrated. Make sure about his hydration status. You can give him Oral Rehydration syrup (ORS) for the purpose of re-hydration.
Make sure he is passing urine frequently. If the urine is yellowish in color, it indicated persistent dehydration or jaundice.
I hope it helps.

Share my opinion with your doctor.
Stay Healthy