My otherwise healthy 10-year-old daughter has been experienc

Patient : My otherwise healthy 10-year-old daughter has been experiencing a high-grade fever times 3 days. We have been medicating for the fever but in between doses it goes back up to 102.5°. She has a cough as well, sometimes with phlegm and sometimes it seems to be from post nasal drip. I had hoped that her fever would break on its own eventually. Now I am thinking that perhaps it could be of bacterial nature and she may need antibiotics. So I am wondering should I just take her to the emergency room since our clinic will be closed until Monday morning? It is covered by our insurance but I hate to use the ED as a primary care clinic.
Symptoms:  Coughing, fever
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Yes, it does seem like an infection and will need antibiotic for quick healing. I will advise a course of Cap. Augmentin with a recommended dosage of 625 mg twice daily for a week. You can wait if her condition is not getting worse. Hope this was helpful, Regards