My partner and I have been trying for a baby

Patient : My partner and I have been trying for a baby for just under two years. We recently went to a private fertility clinic for tests. All blood tests etc. have been fine, but the doctor did find two small cysts. He said he didn't think these were the 'cause' of the problem. He has put me on contraceptive pills for a month to 'treat' the cysts, but I'm dubious. We have another appointment with him in 21 days. From the first appointment, the clinic has been 'pushing' IVF. Should I take the pills? I'm having an HSG procedure tomorrow. Thanks in advance!
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: My wife and I are both 44 years old. We previously did not want to have babies. However we are now thinking to have b...

Q: Is 300 total testosterone normal for a 30 year old male?

Q: As long as when I produce semen when I masturbate that means I can have kids. Correct?

Q: Would like to get a professional's advice on my blood work results. I'm mainly looking to find out if anything on her...

Q: My wife and I are trying to have a baby and are using a fertility monitor to pinpoint the best dates each month to ha...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon