My partner and I have both been tested for gonorrhea.

Patient : My partner and I have both been tested for gonorrhea. Her test came back positive and mine negative. She said her doctor told her that a man can get rid of it by urinating. I don't believe this to be true.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion, It is completely wrong when she says that a man can get rid of it by urination. The GONORRHOEAL organism clings to the urethral mucousa and shall require an antibiotic course for the treatment ( inj. ceftriaxone 1gm stat or Tab Azithromycin 1gm stat dose). But in no case, it gets treated on its own. There is a possibility that she may have contracted it through somewhere if you have been tested negative. The treatment can be prescribed by your physician and she can be treated. I hope i have answered your query, Wishing you good health, Regards