Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My partner and I is been having sex for a

My partner and I is been having sex for a

Patient: My partner and I is been having sex for a long time I did a Pap smear and was negative it never showed showed up anything I have been not having any symptoms , he said after one week we had sex that he starts getting the symptoms , even though he got this negative, he’s telling me I passed this to him I don’t know how that can be possible I am trying to figure it out this , he’s telling me I give hi this , I don’t know how that can be possible I am trying to figure it out _ . Please help me

Symptoms: No symptoms

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you are not having any symptoms of genital infection, th e possibility of transmission of infection through you is less.If you want to be sure, please consult your doctor once, get examined and go for vaginal swab culture and sensitivity.If investigations give negative results, the possibility of infection is less.You can explain to your partner that sometimes genital infection is possible by skin to skin contact, sharing restrooms, decreased immunity etc.Take care.