My partner and myself found out a little over a

Q: My partner and myself found out a little over a week ago that we have chlamydia. We were both treated on the same day. If we were to have Intercourse after taking the meds before the 30 day mark could we technically catch it again even though we were both treated?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I do not think you would contract it but just to be on the safe side wait a week after the medication is over and use barrier contraception such as a condom to help you. This should help you to prevent getting a lot of STDs.

Also, even after you get completely cured, keep using contraception.

Hope this helps you.