My partner took 2 pills called azithromycin for chlamydia treatment

Patient

Q: My partner took 2 pills called azithromycin for chlamydia treatment earlier And just now he was saying his stomach hurt then he had diarrhea with blood . I liked up side effects and it said call doctor immediately if this was one of the side effects ??

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Azithromycin can cause diarrhea as a side effect but having blood in stools is a rare side effect.
If your partner is having continuous pain abdomen and if diarrhea persists, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.
With your doctor's advice you can take tablets to control the diarrhea and if he suggests you can change the antibiotic for the treatment of chlamydia.

Take care.