Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My penis has white and grey patches and red

My penis has white and grey patches and red

Patient: My penis has white and grey patches and red and purple patches with small but visible veins.it doesn’t hurt or itch it just smells bad

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and the picture.Noted the findings of white – grey and red, purple patches with small vis ible veins, smells bad; there is no pain or itching.The image (photograph) shows that this is Balanoposthitis most probably due to phimosis as the rolled over prepuce is seen.I would advise you the following:- Clean it three times in a day with plain water.- Apply liquid povidone iodine locally and let it dry.- Consult a Doctor preferably a General Surgeon to see and prescribe medicines also.- If the condition does not improve within 7 days, then circumcision can cure this problem.I hope this answers your query