My penis hole is slightly split towards the underside of


Q: My penis hole is slightly split towards the underside of the penis. It can sometimes get red and irritated, but it's mostly fine. My question is: can I receive oral sex?


A:   Hello,
Thank you for your query at

I understand your concern.
From your history, it seems like you are suffering from either a balanitis or a local urethral infection.
It needs to be controlled before you indulge in any kind of sexual activities, as the infection can only get worse.
This needs to be checked by a urologist who can guide you and give you appropriate medicines. If the infection is confirmed after the physical examination, a course of Tab. Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 7 days will help in reducing the infection.
Oral sex particularly can increase the infection as there are lots of bacteria in the oral cavity ( mostly part of the local flora ). So it is better avoided till the infection is controlled.

Hope this was helpful.

Related Q&A

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...

Q: I have had clear discharge from my penis for about two months it started 3 days after i had oral/anal sex. Since 3 we...

Q: Any chance of getting a std from a handjob from a massage place? I got one 2 weeks ago, and for some time I feel a li...

Q: Tarted a new pill pack on October 4th (I think I started a few hours late, but less than 24 hours). Had sex on 9th ni...

Q: My husband and I havent had sex in the past 8 months. I'm 30 years old and my husband is 30 as well. Everytime we try...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon