Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My penis is spewing blood when I pee, it hurts

My penis is spewing blood when I pee, it hurts

Patient: My penis is spewing blood when I pee, it hurts so bad, and I’m thinking about cutting it off, please help before I do something stupid!

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query to “Ask The Doctor” Passing blood in urine is called as haematurea.Infecti on in kidneys (pyelonephritis), bladder (Cystitis), urethra (Urethritis), and polyps in bladder, stone / calculus in ureter, bladder and urethra may cause blood in urine.As per your symptoms it appears that you could be suffering from urethrits as pain is severe.We should not delay treatment.Please contact your doctor.Doctor may investigate you and discuss treatment plan.Your problem is totally curable. Don’t be panic.Everything will be fine.