My pennis cant get erect with out using my hand . and i have no arousal feelings nor pleasure feelin

Patient : Hello sir Iam 21 years old.I have a sexual problem which is tormenting my life and wanna explain you . I have a girl friend since three years and last year we have an opportunity to have sex. when she hugged me tightly my heart felt little nervous and suddenly i went off the sex and jus kissed her . but from then onwards iam not getting aroused on seeing a girl or porn or any thing else. even my pennis is not rising and iam not getting any fleshy feelings in girl. i can rub my pennis with hand so that it becomes softly erected and i can release the sperm. But all that i have to do with my hand and pennis by itself is not rising. and I absolutely not feeling any pain neither enjoying the pleasure of releasing the sperm since that one year. Due to financial constraints I cant visit doctor at this younger age so please suggest me the solution.Iam vexed up with it. I want to inform you that i was very normal and very very active and easily can get aroused and my pennis was perfect before that incident. I have no relation ship problems or any health problems. so please help solving my problem
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. We are sorry that you are having such a distressing time with erectile dysfunction. There c ould be a number of cause of your condition. First of all, your inability to initiate and maintain an erection could be due to anxiety. Many men struggle with performance anxiety which can result in difficulty with erections. Furthermore, it is possible that you have developed insensitivity to your penile tissue due to excessive masturbation. We recommend that you refrain from masturbation for several weeks to see if this will assist you when you are intimate with your partner. There could be some medical causes of erectile dysfunction such as problems with circulation, blood pressure, or an enlarged prostate. We do not want to rule out any of these medical causes of your erectile dysfunction so we want you to follow up with your doctor to have a genital examination to be certain there are no anatomical or physiological causes for symptoms. Thank you for consulting with your health question.

Related Q&A

Q: I have problem with keeping erection, i recently got married, can you please advice some medication for the problem.

Q: Mid-twenties. Never had morning wood and my genitals look like that of a child. Bloodwork shows that t(total: 579ng/d...

Q: Hi, This is regardingmy Erection. I am recently married and I love my wife. We have sex quite often, and sometimes it...

Q: Hi, I am a 49 years male. Since last April, I am experiencing erection problems where my erections are no longer hard...

Q: I just turned 40 and i'm having problem keeping an erection I didn't used to have this problem it gets up but not as...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon