My period came a week before it was supposed to

Q: My period came a week before it was supposed to. I am having very heavy bleeding with clots. This is not normal for me. It is so bad that I was getting into the shower and just in the time it took to get the shower temp right there was a softball sized puddle on the floor. What is going on?

Passing of clots for initial 2 days of cycle occasionally in a few cycles of an year is normal, but if the clots are present even after 2nd day and are bigger and plenty in number, it can be called as menorrhagia, which needs investigation. Kindly consider consulting a gynecologist for an examination and an ultrasound. Conditions like fibroid uterus, polycystic ovaries, endometrial hyperplasia, adenomyosis, cysts, etc need to be ruled out. Excessive stress, anemia, thyroid disorders, etc may also have to be ruled out and treated accordingly. You may need tranexamic acid and hormones to reduce the clots. Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.

Hope this helped.