My period came down twice last month and this month

Patient : My period came down twice last month and this month it lasted only two days can I be pregnant.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD, You may be experiencing polymenorrhea in a month, probably due to short follicu lar phase or probably due to progesterone deficient state which can lead to breakthrough bleed which can be mistaken as menses. These may be heavy f there is an innate luteal phase defect and can be controlled by substituting progesterone from day 15-day 25 of the cycle, hence regularising the cycles. you may get a hormonal profile done and an ultrasound pelvis as well to look for progesterone deficiency or any local uterine cause like uterine polyps / cervical growth which can cause such irregular bleeding. Regards