My period has been irratic lately Last month it came

Q: My period has been irratic lately. Last month it came 7 days late, lasted only 2 days and was brown heavy spotting. This month it's 16 days late and hasn't shown up. My husband and I did have intercourse a week ago and I bled red when I wiped but that's it. Last month and this month produce negative pregnancy tests. What could be going on?

You seem to be having irregular menstrual cycles. This can be due to a hormonal imbalance or causes like polycystic ovaries, thyroid dysfunction, anemia, nutritional deficiencies, obesity, stress, vitamin deficiencies, sudden weight loss, etc.
Kindly consult a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like blood and urine tests as well as an ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis to rule out the above causes.
You may need a course of pills to regulate the hormones.

Hope this helped.