My period is 11 days late I am 45 and

Patient : My period is 11 days late. I am 45 and I am half expecting it to be due to menopause but my cervix is rounded and soft. Is this normal?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Delay in periods, abnormal bleeding patterns, heavy prolonged cycles in a premenstrual woman who is nearing menopause, could be a sign of menopause soon approaching. It is always recommended that you consult a gynecologist at this stage for a routine examination and tests like pap smear and an ultrasound. This will also include examining your cervix and the abdomen. The doctor will be able to suggest remedies to deal with menopausal symptoms and also identify if there is any cause for abnormal bleeding. Hope this helped. Regards