My period is 3 days late, I have taken a

Patient : My period is 3 days late, I have taken a at home test and it is negative. any ideas? I have some light cramping also.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Delay in cycles with cramps could be due to premenstrual syndrome or even a sign of a n early pregnancy. Repeat the pregnancy test after a weeks time from the first one to rule out pregnancy. If negative again , consult the gynecologist for medications to cause withdrawal bleeding and resume next cycle. Avoid stress and unhealthy food items as they can delay cycles. Hope this helped. Regards