My period is 5 days late and I'm trying to

Patient

Q: My period is 5 days late and I'm trying to conceive I don't want to assume I am pregnant and I haven't tested yet. What should I do?

Doctor

You need to find out if you are pregnant as soon as possible. To check this, do a home pregnancy test. Irrespective of the result, consult a gynecologist for an examination and further investigations like beta hCG and ultrasound scan. Meanwhile, avoid sexual intercourse, strenuous activities and eat nutritious food and drink plenty of water. 5 mg of Folic acid daily will prevent any neural tube defects and abortion in the growing embryo.

Along with these, here are a few things which will help you in pregnancy:
Continue with your daily routine as far as possible
Do not take any medications without consulting your Doctor.
Exercise 30 minutes a day which will help reduce pregnancy problems
See your Doctor about 13 times in the pregnancy following this pattern - Once a month for 7 months, Twice a month for the 8th month and weekly in the 9th month

Wish you a successful conception.
Good luck
Hope this helped.