My period is 7 weeks late my cervix is so

Patient

Q: My period is 7 weeks late my cervix is so low sex is painful when penis is inserted all the way..I'm always feeling tired and have constant headaches mild period like cramps no spotting and my breast are huge and ache but not sore had metallic taste for a couple of days......I'm 37 years old

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Irregularity in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, stress and strain, weight changes, gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid abnormalities, general conditions like diabetes, anemia etc.
Please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.
If test gives negative result, the symptoms you are having could be premenstrual symptoms and you may get periods soon.
If you do not get periods even after one week, better to consult your doctor once and get examined.
By clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.
If cervical descent is noted during examination, depending on the extent of descent management can be planned.
In case of minor descent, pelvic floor exercises can help in preventing further descent and in decreasing discomfort during intercourse.

Take care.