My period is late, am I pregnant?

Q: I think i might be pregnant. I have irregular period from cycles of 20-36 days. I have never missed a period before , everything seems normal. I don't feel pregnant but I don't understand why I don't have my period. I'm really worried i might be pregnant. My last period was march 17-22 its already over 40 days without a period.

Symptoms:  i have no symptoms of pregnancy. I feel like i have my period but I dont instead i have a very light discharge it clear and normal nothing is different about it.

A:   Thank you for your query.
It is better you opt for a home pregnancy test to see if you are pregnant or not. Sometimes hormonal imbalance, changes in lifestyle, excessive weight loss or gain, excessive exercise, stress, strain, anxiety can cause delay in periods. So it is better to see a doctor who will do a scan to diagnose the underlying reason for the delayed periods.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.

Guest: Hi I need some help I haven't had a period since the 18th of April and was meant to be due on the 19/05/14 and I think I might be 5weeks and 3days pregnant I taken 4 test all came back negative but I had this problem twice before with my other two children with my son I took 4tests all negative so went to gp and they did one for me and still came back negative so they did a blood test and it come back I was 12weeks pregnant and the same thing happens with my daughter I took three test spaces out and the gp did one and came back negative so did a blood test and it come back I was 8weeks pregnant so the doctors told me the levels of chug isn't high enough for me to do a pregnancy test so I have to do a blood test each time so I guess I'm wondering what you guys think what the odds I am pregnant I don't want to go to gp and look like a ass if I'm not so ?? My last period was the 18/04/14 and I was on for 5days and I was meant to come on the. 19/05/14 and I'm a week late my cycle is 31 days and I ovulated on from the 30/04/14 until 7//05/14 well that's what the calendar says and it states I'm 5weeks and 3days I've had cramps missed period needed a wee a lot my feel heavy some times and I've gone of some foods what are the chance of me been pregnant??
Guest: m