Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My period is late I have taken pregnancy test

My period is late I have taken pregnancy test

Patient: My period is late….. I have taken pregnancy test but all Come out negative… is their a chance I can still be pregnant? Or when will I be able to find out if I in fact am pregnant? should I wait another week to double check? If not when will be period Come?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Periods can be late due to s tress, hormonal imbalance, thyroid problems, or PCOD.Since the pregnancy tests have been negative and considering they are 95 % sensitive, you should not worry about pregnancy.If you do not get your period within the next 1 week, you can consult your gynecologist to get a detailed evaluation done.Hope this was helpful,Regards.