Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My period is very light and it seems like its

My period is very light and it seems like its

Patient: My period is very light and it seems like its not on. I’ve took a home pregnancy test this afternoon and it said negative. I was wondering could I be pregnant?

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concern here.There are so many c auses of scanty menses other than pregnancy like hormonal changes, weight changes, excessive exercise, PCOS, fibroid, infection, thyroid disorder, stress etc.So just wait and watch for your period for next 2-3 months.Take a healthy and balanced diet, do some yoga and meditation, consume leafy vegetables, avoid spicy food.Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.Good luck.Regards