My period last up to five days but this month

Patient

Q: My period last up to five days but this month it only lasted a day and a half.And I don't know what could be going on.Am I pregnant or what?

Doctor

If there has been a scanty period this time but on the expected date of menses, then it is likely to be your menses and not an implantation bleed otherwise. The best way to rule out the possibility of pregnancy is to perform a blood serum beta hCG test which shall confirm or rule out pregnancy for sure. In the absence of pregnancy, the scanty bleeding can be attributed to stress-induced hormonal imbalances during the previous month, which have a bearing on the flow of menses.

I hope I have answered your query in detail.
Wishing you good health.