My period last up to five days but this month

Patient : My period last up to five days but this month it only lasted a day and a half.And I don't know what could be going on.Am I pregnant or what?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. If there has been a scanty period this time but on the expected date of menses, then i t is likely to be your menses and not an implantation bleed otherwise. The best way to rule out the possibility of pregnancy is to perform a blood serum beta hCG test which shall confirm or rule out pregnancy for sure. In the absence of pregnancy, the scanty bleeding can be attributed to stress-induced hormonal imbalances during the previous month, which have a bearing on the flow of menses. I hope I have answered your query in detail. Wishing you good health. Regards