My period lasted4/5 days, i ended completely march 1st

Patient: My period lasted4/5 days, i ended completely march 1st , got the shot on the 3rd of march but one day after receiving the birth control shot , I had unprotected sex and my partner ejaculated inside of me . am I pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Usually, depo shot can start giving protection immediately if taken during the menstrual periods.As you have taken the shot three days after menstrual periods, immediate protection is somewhat doubtful.If you are having previous menstrual cycles with the length of 28 to 30 days, the possibility of ovulation at 8th day of the cycle is less and so the possibility of pregnancy is less in your case.If your previous menstrual cycles are with a shorter length, there is some possibility of pregnancy.If you do not get periods on expected date, please go for urine pregnancy test once.Take care