My period started three days early That is not normal

Q: My period started three days early. That is not normal for me my periods are always regular I always have cramping and a medium to heavy flow. My flow is very very light. What is the reasoing for this?

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, weight changes, stress and strain, polycystic ovary disease, gonadal or thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc.
Usually, menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days and minor variations in menstrual flow should be considered as normal only.
If you are having doubt regarding pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once.
If urine pregnancy test gives a negative result, the variations in your menstrual flow could be due to one of the above reasons and which may rectify soon.
If the regularity persists, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.

Hope this helps.
Take care.