My recent CBC and Chem Panel showed all markers in normal range.

Patient : My recent CBC and Chem Panel showed all markers in normal range -- except for my eosinophilis at 8.5 percent (with .56 1e3 uL eosophilis). In 20 years of such test, my percent has always been 1. So I'm worried. In the last several week I have had mild itchiness in lower right abdominal area skin -- which is not red or with rash. I have not taken any new meds at all but did increase my fish oil to a stronger dose 7 weeks ago. I eat a vegetarian diet; I have not traveled; I feel fantastic. I have no allergies per se but a half dozen sensitivities ranked 1 on a scale of five. Question: Is this threatening? How soon should I re-test? What do you think is going on? Thank you for shedding light on this new development.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query and an elucidate history. Read your history carefully and understood your concerns well. Si nce there is history of mild itchiness in lower right abdominal wall, increase in fish oil dose, half a dozen sensitivities the increased esosinophil count is representation that some sort of allergy is at work and nothing more than this. Increase in eosinophil is body's response. This is not at all threatening. You may please retest after say after 15 day. Nothing serious is going on. Keep the allergies under control, avoid all sort of allergens that you know of and you will be fine. I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for any further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Patient: I plan to halt the fish oil, and avoid those six foods - and re-test in 15 days. Please confirm that is adequate time to allow for a reduction in the lab value. By the way, I've also added a very small dose of monolaurin (coconut derivative) to my diet last May. I'll halt that too.
Doctor: This is the best policy that you have decide to adopt, please carry on.
Yes, 15 days is a fine interval.