My right eye has been sore and tender

Patient

Q: My right eye has been soar and tender for the last few days and I thought nothing of it,that is until I woke up this morning and the top eye lid was swollen and red, I don't have any allergies so I'm really worried about what this is

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

There is a history of soreness and tenderness of the right eye for a few days, now that you have developed a swelling on the top eyelid with redness.
This simply indicates that the infection is settled in the upper eyelid and needs to be seen at ER or by an Ophthalmologist for clinical evaluation, examination and proper prescription based management.

Do not rub or press on it as this easily spread the inflammation to the surrounding tissues.

I hope this answer helps you.