My right foot has been hurting for about a month

Patient : My right foot has been hurting for about a month. More specifically, if I slightly press on the bone at the base of my right big toe that's on the outer side it hurts. When I walk or stretch my toes back towards me iy hurts. If I take my big toe and gently push it from the inner toe towards the left it hurts. I don't know what's going on but that bone hurting is really causing pain.
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. It seems that you have metarstitis. This is a inflammation of the metatarsal bone. This metatarsal bone causes pain because of a tight tendon in the arch or the related area. I can recommend that you do metatarsal strenghtening exercises. Here are a few exercises: Pick up marbles with your big toe and all the toes and then hold it for 5 secs and then drop them Scrunch a towel on the floor using your toes and hold for 5 secs Do this for a week with a lot of heat massage. This should help you with the recovery. If it does not, please see a Doctor. Hope this helps you. All the best.