Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My right knee cap pops occasionally and hurts kinda bad

My right knee cap pops occasionally and hurts kinda bad

Patient: My right knee cap pops occasionally and hurts kinda bad only when I fully extend it hurts behind my knee what is wrong with my knee

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood your concerns.You have got problems on both sides of the knee.The knee cap (patella) is in front and you get popping with pain and you get pain at the back of the knee on fully extending.The best way to get a proper diagnosis is by a clinical evaluation by an Orthopedic Surgeon and an MRI of the knee.This will give the diagnosis and a chance for curative treatment.Hope this helps you.