Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My right knee feels normal walking,etc But when I put knee cap on the floor, there is a sharp stabbing pain.

My right knee feels normal walking,etc But when I put knee cap on the floor, there is a sharp stabbing pain.

Patient: My right knee feels normal walking,etc. But when I put my kneecap on the floor there’s a very sharp stabbing pain right in the center of my kneecap. There is no bruise or sign of injury.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having chondromalacia patella. In it there is softening in the articular cartilage of patella. Quadriceps excercises are helpful. Glucosamine may be of use.You can get your vitamin D level. If found low it can be supplemented with vitamin D3. Analgesic such as ibuprofen are of useful for pain relief.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.