My right pec is swollen and I don't have why

Patient

Q: My right pec is swollen and I don't have why I did work out in the 6th of this but not since could that be the reason

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Your right pectoral muscle is swollen and inflamed. Most commonly, the pectoral area gets swollen and painful due to muscle pulls or muscles spasms, initiated by heavy workouts or heavy work schedules. You did work ou on the 6th of this month. The chances of inflammation are more, if you do not workout regularly, or if you tried doing a heavy weights workout that day. You can mention the kind of workouts you did on the 6th and the weights you used. If you increase the weight from what you're habituated to, the chances of swelling are more.

I will also advise you to use a mild analgesic like Advil SOS till the pain settles down, and locally you can apply Diclofenac gel 3-4 times daily. The pain should come down in a few days time.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,
Regards.