Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My roommate is pregnant and she has an awful headache

My roommate is pregnant and she has an awful headache

Patient: My roommate is pregnant and she has an awful headache. she also suffers from seasonal allergies. Can pregnant women take tylenol pm?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.In case of a pregnancy less than 12 weeks she has to avoid Tylenol pm for headache. I n case the pregnancy has crossed 12 weeks, she can take the pill. However, simple paracetomol with steam inhalations is a safer remedy.She has to consult the doctor for an examination and investigations to be on the right treatment. Her blood pressure also needs to be checked.Hope this helped.Regards