My seven year old son poops in his pants.Why?

Patient

Q: Please Help my son is 7 years old and is constantly pooping in his pants, he says he doe not notice when this happens, i have tried everything i can possibly think of to find out why he does it, whats wrong.. What could be the cause of this??

Doctor

A:   It is a concern of every parent if he/she notices that their child is passing stools in the pants. There could be many causes that might cause your child to pass stool in his pants. He may be having chronic contipation or acute gastroenteritis. It may also be caused due to anxiety or some psychological stress. As a parent you will need to reassure your son and get hime checked by a pediatrition to rule out the above mentioned causes.
In the meantime you can give him foods containing lots of green leafy vegetables and fruits. Ask him to take plenty of water, and create a routine for him going to the potty.