My seventeen year old boy experiences hot flashes

Patient

Q: My son tells me he has started to experience what he describes as a "sudden heat wave" so strong that leaves him sweating. Because he has a tendency to get anxious sometimes I asked if this happened in the context of a worry or a exam. He said it comes unexpectedly even in the most relaxing times.
He is a very healthy boy but just to tell you a bit of his background he had fits from the age of 10 for about a year when the fits stopped completely. He was treated with appropiate medication for around 3 years (even two years after the fits stopped). Never again he had a problem or any "aura" type of symptoms and he does not associate this heat waves with that.

Other thing perhaps that it would be worth mentioning is that he was diagnosed with Gilbert Syndrome (higher than normal levels of billirrubine production) which was discovered by our GP by chance but it has never caused him any problems.

Basically my question is about the hot flashes and what can we do to help because he find them very uncomfortable and disturbing when he is at school for instance.

Thank you very much for your help

Doctor