My SGPT level was 108 and SGOT 36 I was

Patient: My SGPT level was 108 and SGOT 36. I was advised the doctor to take Reheptin tabs for 15 days(twice each day) and Diacomb D3(once a day). I took the medicines and didn’t take alcohol at all. I repeated the LFT yesterday and the report shows elevated levels as compared to before ( SGPT-128, SGOT-52). I was advised last year of fatty liver through an ultrasound report.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Since you have fatty liver, the liver enzymes continue to be deranged.Reheptin is useful, however you also need Silymarin syrup or capsules twice daily to reduce the impact on the liver.They are not very elevated, so the values will come back once you take Silymarin. Also, you will need to follow a bland diet mostly comprising of green leafy vegetables and fruits for the time being. Avoid any kind of meat, or spicy food, or junk food.Please get a prescription for Silymarin and continue for 2 weeks twice daily and let me know the repeat values.Hope this was helpful,Feel free to discuss further,Regards.