Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My shoulder blade hurts when I try to move it. Any suggestions?

My shoulder blade hurts when I try to move it. Any suggestions?

Patient: My shoulder blade hurts when I try to move it and I get sharp pains in it often. But if I pop my back in a certain way, it doesn’t hurt as bad. Any suggestions as to what it might be?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for your query.I have gone through your query and understand your concern.Most likely it is muscular p ain. Treatment of it rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Vitamin B and C help in recovery. You can get MRI for its detailed examination.Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.