My shoulder bones rub together when I lift my arm.

Patient

Q: 3 days ago I went to the chiropractor for my shoulder because it's been bothering me for awhile. He did X-rays and found that my bones are rubbing together every time I lift my arm. What does this mean and, how do you fix it?

Symptoms:  Pain, swelling, weak,
Doctor

A:   Hi
Welcome to healthcaremagic
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is likely that you are having impingement syndrome as it is common in your age. In this head of humerus impinges against acromion process of scapula every time you lift the shoulder above the level of shoulder. Cause of it is some repeated movements of the shoulder. So its treatment consist of rest to the shoulder joint. Avoid repeated overhead shoulder movements. Analgesic and anti inflammatory such as ibuprofen can be taken. This condition may take 4-6 weeks to heal. Hope your query get answered.
Wishing you a good health.
Take care.