Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My sister has a rash like chicken pox ONLY on

My sister has a rash like chicken pox ONLY on

Patient: My sister has a rash like chicken pox ONLY on her face. And it gets worse one day and better the next. We’ve been to serval dermatologist and have done two biopsies and no answer. Could it be something the docs are missing?

My sister has a rash like c...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.I have seen the attached photograph also.It seems that she is suffering from a condition called Atopic dermatitis. It is characterised by generalised dryness of skin associated with itch.In such cases, children get rash over body mainly over face and extensors which is more common during seasonal change.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin in combination with hydrocortisone.Also, liberal amount of moisturiser is to be applied over the body preferably over semi-wet body.I will also advise you to give her antihistaminics like cetirizine for symptomatic relief.You can share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay healthy