My sister is currently having constipation problems and is crying

Patient

Q: My sister is currently having constipation problems and is crying due to the pain. Can we put an enema bag and suppositories to provoke bowel movement to help her?

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Yes, you can try with the enema first and if it does not work, a rectal suppository can be tried.
If it is an acute problem, this is the most logical measure.
If she has chronic constipation, kindly visit your physician to get the evaluation done and treat the primary cause. Prophylactically she can take Syrup Lactulose 20 ml once every night to ensure soft stools.

Hope this was helpful,