My sister is loosing blood in her hinney when she

Patient

Q: My sister is loosing blood in her hinney when she potty.they have a gi comeing in tomorrow but i was just trying to get a ideal of what might be wroung

Doctor

A:   Hi, read and understood the history related to your sister's problem if passing blood in the stool and she is seeing a GI Doctor tomorrow.

The causes can be:
-Hemorrhoids (piles)
-Fissure in anus, a crack at the anal verge.
-Polyp in the rectum.

This can be easily diagnosed on inspection and per-rectal examination.
Colonoscopy should be done at a later date to rule out any primary colonic pathology.

In the meantime, I would advise her the following:
- Sitz bath.
- plenty of fibers in diet.
-mild laxative at bedtime
-Avoid foods and beverages that cause constipation.

Once examined and diagnosed the treatment can be medical if possible and surgery if indicated.

Hope this helps.