Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My sister is loosing blood in her hinney when she

My sister is loosing blood in her hinney when she

Patient: My sister is loosing blood in her hinney when she potty.they have a gi comeing in tomorrow but i was just trying to get a ideal of what might be wroung

Doctor: Hi, read and understood the history related to your sister’s problem if passing blood in the stool and she is seeing a G I Doctor tomorrow.The causes can be:-Hemorrhoids (piles)-Fissure in anus, a crack at the anal verge.-Polyp in the rectum.This can be easily diagnosed on inspection and per-rectal examination.Colonoscopy should be done at a later date to rule out any primary colonic pathology.In the meantime, I would advise her the following:- Sitz bath.- plenty of fibers in diet.-mild laxative at bedtime-Avoid foods and beverages that cause constipation.Once examined and diagnosed the treatment can be medical if possible and surgery if indicated.Hope this helps.