Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My sister was in a motorcycle accident 5/14 She has

My sister was in a motorcycle accident 5/14 She has

Patient: My sister was in a motorcycle accident 5/14. She has a broken wrist, jaw, foot, orbital socket, crushed her other leg from the knee down and had two compound fractures in her femur in same leg. So far, they have only cleaned wounds and set femur fractures in one leg. It is now Monday night, her wrist, foot, jaw etc has gone uncared for. The dressings on the leg that was operated on has not been changed and is saturated totally underneath with pink liquid and had covered her bed pads which they were ask to change last night when she became bothered by them. She is in terrible pain and the hospital seems to know nothing. She was hit by a car and she was put on an orthopedic floor. I have heard the nurses questioning this….? The Dr. says he is waiting to see if he can save her leg, but he is not doing anything. It looks to me like it is going to rot off before this hospital does anything and I do not know what to do. No one seems to be worried about any of her other injuries and it will be 5 days tomorrow and she is just laying there coherent and in severe pain. Can you please help, guide or ease my mind. Nothing seems right to me here.

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I think y ou are not satisfied with this hospital so it is better to change the hospital but when such a bad accident occurs it is not possible to take care of all the wounds and fractures simultaneously. Furthermore it may be that one of legs may have doubtful viability due to this doctor may have prescribed drugs to increase blood circulation and waiting clarity about its viability . Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.