Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My six-month-year-old child has a fever

My six-month-year-old child has a fever

Patient: My six-month-year-old child has a fever

Doctor: Thanks for consulting ATD.Fever in infants require immediate medical attention. If your baby has a fever, in most in stances it means he has picked up a cold or other viral infection. Although they are less common in infants, pneumonia, urinary tract infection, ear infection, or a more serious bacterial infection, meningitis, may be causing a fever. You should report any fever in a newborn that is higher than 100.4 °F (taken rectally) to the child’s doctor. If the fever goes up high, follow these measures before you visiting Paediatrician. Bathe your child with lukewarm water (do not use cold baths, ice, or alcohol rubs. These often make the situation worse by causing shivering), dress your baby in a light layer of clothes, give your baby enough fluids (breast milk, formula, an electrolyte solution, or water) to avoid dehydration. Can use Tylenol, Ibuprofen syrups (dosage depends on weight) for control of high temperature.Hope the information is useful and wish you all the best.