My six year old daughter is having emotional melt downs before school.

Patient

Q: I am concerned about my daughter. she is 6 years old and just started first grade.the first few days went smooth at the end of the first week her teacher stopped me and told me she had a meltdown and did not finish her work. when i asked her what happened she said they were making her write and she didnt know how. when we got home i made her finish the work that she didnt complete. she had alot of issues paying attention to what she was doing her mind seemed to wander but she completed the work with no melt downs. the next couple of days went fine. then one morning we woke up late. she complained of a belly ache (which she has done in the past in an attempt to get out of something she doesnt want to do) i took her temp she was fine informed her she would be going to school. we left for school she asked me to carry her. no such luck kiddo. this is when the winning started. we got to school and started towards her class again she told me she didnt feel good. when i hugged her good by she started to cry said she wanted to go home because she was sick. then her nose started bleeding (this happens quite often the nosebleeds that is) at this point i took her to the bathroom and cleaned her up. i explained that i understood that she had a bad morning and that she was feeling sad and that it was ok to feel sad but that she still had to go to school. we walked down to her class she was still sniffleing when she sat down i gave her a hug goodbye and she started crying very loud and would not let go of me. i removed her hands and walked away she lost her mind when i looked back the teacher was holding her around the waste and she was kicking and screaming. i was later informed she cryed for 20 minutes and only stopped when the teacher began to ignore her. after school she did not want to talk about it and acted as if nothing had happened. i felt as if maybe it happened due to the change in routine since bliss thrives on routines and that we would be fine if we stuck to the routine. unfortunately i was wrong following out routine to a t she continues to pretend to be ill every morning and have an emotional melt down once we get to school and i try to leave. she does not have seperation anxiety she just does not want to be at school. help!

Doctor