Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My six year old daughter was hit in the forehead

My six year old daughter was hit in the forehead

Patient: My six year old daughter was hit in the forehead by a baseball. Large knot with bruising. She has Von wilebrands. Can I just moniter at home or do I need to take her to the er

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Provided that the bruising i s stable and not increasing in size, she can be monitored in the house.You also need to observe her for symptoms like nausea, headache, vomiting, dizziness, as all these will indicate a bleeding inside, which needs to be evaluated.Hope this was helpful,Regards