My skin itches and has bumps

Patient: For the past couple of months, I have had the itchiest thighs and legs. And when I start to scratch it it just itches more. At first it was just my head that itched but then my legs started to. there’s little red bumps sometimes and sometimes theres just red marks underneath my skin. Also, I don’t know if these are related, but i also have found these pimple looking bumps on my buttocks that come up in the same spot every once in a while. These do not itch however, so they may be pimples but its weird that they appear in the same spot. My itching on my legs has become so bad that i get bruises, scratch marks, and you can see some of my blood through my leg. if you have any advice on what it is and how to treat it, it would be truly appreciated!

Symptoms: Red bumps on butt that don’t itch, itchy bumps on legs, itchy head.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Your symptoms are consistent with an allergic reaction of the skin. Since it has been going on for so long, you are likely experiencing an allergic reaction to a substance that you are being exposed to on a constant basis. We would like you to have this examined by your doctor. You will likely need to be prescribed some topical corticosteroid cream to treat this rash, and also be sent to an allergist to determine your specific sensitivities through allergy testing.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com