Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My son 20 years old has developed a painful rash

My son 20 years old has developed a painful rash

Patient: My son 20 years old has developed a painful rash on his stomach and back he said the rash itself is painful but it also painful on the inside

My son 20 years old has dev...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, there are following possibilities for the symptoms you mentioned-1) Pedrous dermatitis- also known as insect bite reaction. It is characterised by red colored painful eruptions noticed spontaneously and suddenly usually when one gets up in the morning.2)Herpes zoster : it is viral infection characterised by grouped fluid filled lesions on erythematous base in a dermatome. It may be preceeded by prodromal symptoms of burning sensation or pain or itch.I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can examine your son and give you prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.