My son 20 years old has developed a painful rash

Q: My son 20 years old has developed a painful rash on his stomach and back he said the rash itself is painful but it also painful on the inside

My son 20 years old has dev...-1

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

As per details, there are following possibilities for the symptoms you mentioned-
1) Pedrous dermatitis- also known as insect bite reaction. It is characterised by red colored painful eruptions noticed spontaneously and suddenly usually when one gets up in the morning.
2)Herpes zoster : it is viral infection characterised by grouped fluid filled lesions on erythematous base in a dermatome. It may be preceeded by prodromal symptoms of burning sensation or pain or itch.
I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can examine your son and give you prescription.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy.