My son age ten complains of needles and slight of

Patient

Q: My son age ten complains of needles and slight of blood when he has a bowel movement What is going on?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

This is an odd finding in a boy of 10 years.
And it is wonderful to know that you have not seen his stools to let us know what exactly is your son passing in the stool.
Your observation too is very important.

I would suggest the following in such a condition.
- Ask your son not to flush the toilet. Please observe what it is.
Collect the sample for lab testing which will give the diagnosis and the plan for the treatment if he needs it.
- These may be thread worms and the bleeding is due to form of colitis.
The stool report will help us to get the proper diagnosis and treatment.

I hope this answers your query.