My son been lifting weights and last week he had

Patient

Q: My son been lifting weights and last week he had a small hard knot came up since has went down some and today he said he felt a burning feeling in his groin area.? What could this be he's a baseball and football player

Doctor

A:   HI.
Thanks for your proper history about your son.

The hard knot coming up in the groin and now burning feeling in this area with a history of physical exertion can be due to development a hernia.
This is called Bubonocele to start with and the burning is felt due to stretch on the nerves in the initial period.
He does not need any surgery at the moment but needs confirmation by a General Surgeon and surgery at an appropriate time.

Hope this helps you.